TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR ORDERING SERVICES
1. These Terms and Conditions of Booking of Tourist Services (hereinafter referred to as the “Terms and Conditions”) set out the rights and obligations of the Tourist who purchases an organised tourist trip or a single tourist service from a tour operator through the intermediary of a travel agent UAB “Baltic Tours Group”, via the online platform www.baltictours.com, the conditions of purchase and payment for the services, the liability of the travel agent and the Tourist, as well as any other provisions relating to the purchase of an organised tourist trip or a single tourist service on the online platform www.baltictours.com.
2. UAB “Baltic Tours Group”, (hereinafter referred to as “the Company”), legal entity code 111518422, registration address Vašingtono a. 1-66, LT-01108 Vilnius, is a travel agent. The Company offers to purchase/sell organised tours and individual tourism services offered by tour operators.
3. An organized tourist trip is a contract that combines at least two different tourist services – passenger transport, accommodation which is not an integral part of the passenger transport and is not intended for the purpose of permanent residence, hire of cars, motorcycles or other motor vehicles and other services which are not inseparable from the tourist services referred to above – concluded in accordance with the conditions laid down in Article 4(1) of the Law of the Republic of Lithuania on Tourism.
4. A tourist is understood as a natural person who purchases an organised tourist trip or individual tourist services or is entitled to go on a trip under the terms of the services (Beneficiary).
5. For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, the Beneficiary is understood as the person who uses the booked services together with the person who has booked them (the Tourist). The Tourist and Beneficiary may be the same person.
6. On the online platform www.baltictours.com, tourists book organised tours or individual tourism services. Upon receipt of the Tourist’s order, the Company shall contact the Tourist by the email address provided by the Tourist to confirm the order and provide information on payment for the services. The Tourist undertakes to make payments to the Company’s current account in accordance with the order.
7. The tourist must familiarise him/herself with the conditions of the organised tourist trip or individual tourist service set by the organiser.
8. The terms and conditions of an organised package tour or individual tourist service purchased regulate the tourist services, the change of tourists, the cancellation conditions, etc.
9. The Tourist is obliged to follow the Company’s instructions and to respond to e-mail messages when booking a trip or individual tourist services. If the Tourist does not receive all the information required for the trip or individual tourist services, confirmation of the reservation, payment terms, etc., he/she must immediately contact the Company by telephone.
10. Failure to properly and timely pay the stated price of the trip or individual tourist services will invalidate the booking. In the event of the cancellation of the booking or refusal to use the services, the Tourist shall be obliged to reimburse the Travel Agent and/or the Tour Operator for the damages incurred in accordance with the terms and conditions of the organised tourist trip or individual tourist service.
11. The tourist confirms that he/she has received a document (programme, other materials describing the trip) before purchasing an organised tourist trip or individual tourist service.
12. All essential information about the organised tour or individual tourist services is available on www.baltictours.com.
13. Once a tourist purchases a trip, the terms and conditions of the package tour or individual tourist service organized by the tour operator come into immediate effect.
14. The tourist assumes all risks regarding the possession of the documents needed to travel to the destination. The lack of such documents and/or their non-compliance with the requirements shall not render the Company liable. The Tourist undertakes to familiarise himself with the procedures and conditions for obtaining visas, exchange of currency and crossing national borders.
15. The tourist, the main party to the contract, must inform the other Beneficiaries that the services are provided only in accordance with these Conditions and the conditions of the tour organised by the tour operator or the conditions of the individual tourist services and that all Beneficiaries are obliged to comply with them.
16. The tourist has the right to withdraw from the trip or other tourist service at any time, subject to the conditions outlined in the tour operator’s package tour or individual service. The cancellation of the trip or individual tourist service shall take effect from the moment of its declaration.
17. The rights of the tourist are protected by the Civil Code of the Republic of Lithuania, the Law on Protection of Consumer Rights of the Republic of Lithuania, other laws and sub-legislative legal acts and these conditions.
18. If you have any complaints about the services provided by the Company as a travel agent, please submit your complaint, signed by the person submitting the complaint, together with documents substantiating its validity, by e-mail to [email protected] or by registered mail to UAB “Baltic Tours Group”, Vašingtono a. 1. Complaints shall be dealt with in accordance with the procedure established by the legislation of the Republic of Lithuania.
19. You can submit a request/complaint regarding the services provided by the Company as a travel agent to the State Consumer Rights Protection Service at Vilniaus g 25, 01402 Vilnius, by e-mail to [email protected], phone 8 5 262 67 51, fax. (8 5) 279 1466, on the website www.vvtat.lt (as well as to the territorial units of the State Consumer Rights Protection Authority in the districts) – or by filling in the application form on the EGS platform http://ec.europa.eu/odr/.
20. These Conditions are binding on the Travel Agent and all Tourists.
21. By using the online platform www.baltictours.com, the Tourist confirms that they have carefully read and understood the Terms and Conditions and has informed the other Tourists (Beneficiaries) that the booking of the services is only subject to the rules set out in these Terms and Conditions and that all Tourists are obliged to abide by these rules and conditions.
22. If you have any questions or queries, please contact us at +370 5 266 16 16, email [email protected] (Mon-Fri 08:00-18:00).
Updated 30 May 2023.